1. The major players and their often-elusive incentives
2. The pirate mind, from bootleggers and hackers to game modders and remix artists
3. Intellectual property law: its terms, breadth, and impact
4. How artists skirt copyright to create, despite – not because – of IP law
5. How businesses can work with piracy without criminalizing customers
Instead of focusing solely on the law or on file sharing music, Pirate Nation also covers game, movie, literary and software piracy: facets that are ubiquitous but largely ignored in books on the subject. It gives readers a more encompassing look at the topic – its affect on business, culture, and creativity.
I’ve chosen to use a “pay what you want” model for the ebook because I’ve found such models accommodating and favorable in the past – whether for ebooks, films, or even video games.
The suggested price is $7.00, but if you’d like to pay another amount, just empty the field below and put in whatever price you’d like.
Thanks for checking out Pirate Nation, and I hope you enjoy the book.